Accident Or Injury Questions

Answers to your ACCIDENT or INJURY Questions

Do you know what to do in case of a car accident?
Check out this helpful information:
What you must do after a car accident according to the
California state DMV official website:

1. Stop at once.
2. Render aid.
3. Exchange information.
4. Report the accident to DMV: if there were damages over $1,500 to the vehicles or property, if anyone was injured, or killed, or if any vehicle is towed due to damages from the accident within 72 hours. Accidents on areas open for the use of motor vehicles -- premises open to the public -- must be reported. Some drivers who are in accidents offer to fix the damage and try to get the other driver not to file a report. If you agree to do this, you are breaking the law if the amount of damage is more than $1500.
5. Keep a copy of your accident report. Laws vary from state to state and even in cities. If you want to be sure to have a complete copy of your report (front and back), you will need to make a copy for your records.
What you should do after an accident and after completing the above steps:
1. Schedule an check-up appointment with your Chiropractor by calling us at 510-243-2425 for yourself and your family if they were in the car with you. There will be no cost to you and there is absolutely no obligation on your part. You will prevent overt and underlying injuries from rapidly progressing. We can see your entire family at one time because we have multiple doctors to better serve you and save you time. If our doctor find that you have sustained injuries from the car accident that do not require immediate hospitalization then you are qualified to begin a routine of Chiropractic (adjustments), Massage (manual therapy) and natural Physiotherapy treatment (stretching, gait training, sensory integration, therapeutic exercises, mechanical traction, neuromuscular rehabilitation, ice and heat).
2. Most state mandatory liability insurance law (Personal Injury Protection) provides those people who have suffered from injuries in an automobile accident a minimum of $15,000 per person for reasonable and necessary expenses one year after an automobile crash, for Chiropractic, Medical, Dental and other services needed due to the crash.
If you have been seriously injured in an auto accident, we highly recommend that you contact an injury attorney to discuss your legal rights.
Click here for a DMV Auto Accident Form

Work Related Injuries
Overwhelming evidence shows that chiropractic management of low-back pain is more cost-effective than medical management, and that "many medical therapies are of questionable validity or are clearly inadequate." (The Manga Report (1993)
Work-related back pain is among the most common occupational disorders in the United States, according to the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health. Delay in return to work remains an expensive component in the overall cost of back pain for workers' compensation claims. Back pain is responsible for more loss of work time and increased medical expenses related to treatment than any other ailment.
Click here to see what to do if you are hurt on the job.
Click here for a Workers Comp Form

Sports/Athletic Injuries
Chiropractic is now more than a century old, and it is licensed throughout the United States and Canada and recognized in more than 60 countries worldwide. Doctors of Chiropractic receive training that is focused on the treatment of conditions through manual and physical procedures, such as manipulation, massage, exercise, and nutrition. Most patients present to chiropractors with low back pain, neck pain, whiplash, and headaches. Numerous studies and expert panel reviews have supported the use of chiropractic and manipulation for these complaints.
If you have any questions about chiropractic or other drug-free and natural health treatments, the doctor will be happy to talk to you.
Please call us at 510/243-2425 You don’t have to be a patient!

Sign Up For Our Newsletter